Hola todos,
Just had my first meal in an Argentinian restaurant!
It looks like my diabolical plan to dye my hair dark in order to "blend" worked...kind of. I got to a restaurant that looked good, but not too good (and it was mentioned in the French Routard Guide that my Couch Surfing buddy lent me).
They sat me down and handed me a menu. In Spanish. Ok...
I tried to understand it, but alas there were too many gaps in my limited vocabulary. When waiter came by and asked if I was ready to order, I must have had a confused look on my face because he then asked if I wanted the English menu....si, por favor.
He was very kind and patient when I finally placed my order in poor Spanish, and took the time to repeat everything slowly, no doubt to show me how badly I was butchering his language - lucky I got there early while it was still quiet. It was 9pm.
By the time my meal came out the place was packed. They live life on a different schedule than Canberra, that´s for sure!
I´ll tell you about my encounter today with Eva Peron tomorrow along with my journey to the San Telmo markets...stay tuned
Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that I broke 2 travel rules already...I used tap water to brush my teeth and that dinner I just told you about, it was salad. We'll see how that goes over...
No comments:
Post a Comment